Transfer Godaddy Managed WordPress site to anywhere Easily.
Hi guys, hope you all are doing well. I wrote this article because I couldn’t find anywhere on the web this process. I tried to perform steps from other tutorials about Transfer Godaddy Managed WordPress site but as I’m not much familiar with the technical terms so it was a big hurdle for me. I purchased a hosting plan on other company and performed my own experiment as I had my website already running on Godaddy at that time. But now it is transferred by the same process I’m about to tell you guys. Yes, this is the same website FUNMANSITE. So let’s start the process now:
Please note: Please do this on you own guarantee/Risks as I won’t be responsible for any lose. Performing this action is not sure to show old comments and share count of your newly migrated website articles, however it worked for me perfectly.
Note: We will do this simple process in 2 Parts so that it will be very easy to you Guys.
1.Cpanel :Hosting Provider
Buy a plan with any Hosting provider and after you got your account activated you will receive a mail with all your new login details to your Cpanel and Server Names.
2. Install WordPress
First thing to do here is to login to Cpanel and install WordPress and enter your website details which you wanted to transfer.
3. Install UpdraftPlus
Goto add new plugin section in your WordPress and search for UpdraftPlus( Author: UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson). After Installation activate the plugin and
- go to setting
Select a Online backup Service (ex. GDRIVE)
If you don’t have an account with Gdrive then please create one here.
- Click Save
Now that You have completed Part 1, its Time to Goto>>
- Goto your Godaddy’s Managed WordPress and go to Add new plugin.
- Install UpdraftPlus(Visit Site)
You can Download the free version of this software from their website here.
Or Goto add new plugin section in your WordPress and search for UpdraftPlus( Author: UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson)
- After installation go to UpdraftPlus setting> add the same service provider which you choose in the Part 1.
- After selecting Gdrive ( Click allow access of UpdraftPlus to use Gdrive)as your online backup resource just click on Backup Button.
- Select the items you want to backup and click Done. This will upload all your WordPress files to your Gdrive. Once it is done you will receive a confirmation message.
- Login to Your New WordPress in Cpanel and go to UpdraftPlus.(see Part 1)
- Click on “look for backup in Online storage.”/ “Rescan remote storage”
A file will appear which you back-up before from your Godaddy Managed WordPress.
- Click on restore and it will start the process of restoration.
- Click Save
3. Changing Name servers
This is optional
If you have transferred your domain then it is ok but if your domain is with godaddy then you need to change the “nameservers”
There are 2 name servers which are provided to you by your new hosting provider in the mail.
Just copy those 2 nameservers and past in in Godaddy DNS option.
You can find this DNS name change setting in the “my product” section under Domain.
Once your nameservers are changed then you’ll receive a mail from Godaddy about confirmation and then you can see all your data in your new Cpanel/new WordPress admin.
Hope this tutorial works for you. Please ask expert if you don’t know what you are doing. I won’t be responsible for any inconvenience or loss. This post is for tutorial purpose only.